Earlier he was the Director – Talent Branding at Flipkart. Prior to that he was the GM Strategy & Projects at Philips India. Before that a freelance Social Business and HR Consultant. Gautam helps organizations leverage social technologies for building an employer brand and employee engagement . He has delivered workshops on social media and business at leading B Schools like IIM Calcutta, XLRI Jamshedpur as well as for industry bodies like National HRD Network, SHRM India, Social Media Day, NIPM amongst others. In 2014 he was given an award by XLRI Jamshedpur for Distinguished Alumnus – Young Achiever
SHRM India lists him as the number 1 HR influencer on social media in 2015
HuffingtonPost has rated him 7th in the list of Top Most Social HR Experts on Twitter in the world.
Forbes has featured him as a Social Media Thought Leader.
SAP has listed him in the 51 Human Potential Influencers.
Gautam has given talks on “Blogging for Business” at organizations. He’s frequently quoted in the press as an authority on business blogging. He has addressed corporate teams and leaders of companies on how social technologies are changing businesses. Some companies are Airtel, Reliance Industries, Cisco, RPG, Cognizant, Pepsi, Wipro.
Gautam’s blog has been listed by HRWorld amongst the top 25 HR blogs worldwide the top 50 HR Blogs to watch in 2009 by EvenCarmichael.com and also amongst the Career 100 – a list of the top 100 career related blogs globally in the English language. His blog is also featured on the Alltop Careers and Alltop India categories. Earlier the blog has been featured as a case study in the book Business Blogs: A Practical Guide
Gautam’s experience in the corporate world was as a HR Manager at Deloitte & Touche and earlier in the HR and Learning & Development function in organizations like Dell, Hewlett Packard and Satyam Computer Services.
Recognition for blogging:
- Top 100 Influencers in HR
- 50 HR blogs to watch in 2010
- 50 Best Blogs for HR wisdom by Career Overview
- Top 50 HR Blogs by educational website Masters in Human Resources
- The Career 100 list compiled by RiseSmart
- 75 Best Business Blogs of 2009 by Businesspundit.com
- HRWorld’s top 25 HR Blogs
- Labnol’s List of Best Indian Bloggers
- EvanCarmichael.com’s Top 50 HR Blogs
- Top 100 Career Advice Blogs
- 2004 Indiblog of the year
- Speaker at Social Business Summit, Mumbai organized by Dachis Group
- Panelist at the NASSCOM Product Conclave panel on Enterprise 2.0
- Speaker at the SHRM India “First People” Conference on the panel on Social Media and HR
- Speaker at the World HRD Congress 2011 on Social Recruiting
- Speaker at the India Social 2012 conference on Social Recruiting
- Speaker at the People Matters Talent Acquisition Conclave on Social Recruiting
- Speaker at the Social Media and Talent Management conference on Gamification and Employee Recognition
- Speaker at the DMA HR Conclave
- Speaker at the Amity HR Summit on Innovation