XLRI dream run
Posted by Gautam
Seeking your help/ contribution for The XLRI Social Entrepreneurship Trust:
through XL Dream Run (Nov 16th, ’08):
(organised by XLANC, XL Sportscom, CII’s Young Indian Chapter @ XLRI, & XLRI Alumni Association)
– 240 XL students (including a few faculty!) have registered to participate in the XL Dream Run for this cause
– Paypal Account is in place
– We even have some “Early Donors” who have given us a head-start with a kitty of $600+ !! :0)
The XLRI Social Entrepreneurship Trust is supporting 3 Social Entrepreneuship Ventures by XL students who have decided to take the “road less travelled” as a career option. These are nascent ventures, currently in the form of partnership firms. We are trying to provide them support through the initial incubation loans (thanks to the Rs 10.5lac contributions received from the XLRI batch of ’81 and from the Jamshedpur Alumni Chapter)
The details of the social venture projects approved to be funded by the Trust are available at:
Briefly, these are:
– Parichay: a venture to connect the rural/tribal artisans & craftsmen to the market. It was covered here earlier this month:
– Swavalamban: a venture to use “ox-driven generator” (patented technology) to provide electricity to rural India. It was covered here a few days back:
– Dreams4Others: a venture to use online market-surveys to provide funds to NGOs.
To raise funds for these and other future activities of the XLRI Social Entrepreneurship Trust, we are organising the XL Dream Run (http://www.xldreamrun.com) , during the 5th Annual Alumni Homecoming (Nov 15-16), where the students will run for the cause, and the alumni can pledge money for the cause.
Thus this mail and a plea… If you can contribute (whatever amount) it will be our pleasure to have your name at:
About GautamGautam is a HR professional interested in how emerging technologies are impacting work, careers and organizations.
Comments are closed.