For the first time ever an XLRI Chapter in a city held an alumni meet which invited alumni from other Metro cities too. Bangalore played host to the largest gathering of XLers ever. XLers from Hyderabad, Chennai, Kerala Baroda, Mumbai and of course Jampot turned up ! The total count for the evening was 475. The 2011 batch was the most represented batch with more than 50 people turning up from that batch.
This was the first time technology had played a big role in registrations, with alumni who pre-registered for the event on the XL Bang website getting an early bird discount. The venue was the picturesque ITC Royal Gardenia, who was the hospitality sponsor.
Special invitees to the event were Fr. Abraham (himself an alumnus from the batch of ‘78), current Director of XLRI, Prof. MG Jomon, the Alumni Chair, Prof. Sharad Sarin, Prof. Pranabesh Ray (alumnus from the batch of ‘77), Prof. Madhukar Shukla and Ms. RoshanDastur.
The evening kicked off by David D’Costa (batch of ’76 and President of the XLBang Chapter) introducing Mrs Sundari Thyagarjan from the ’55 batch – the first batch of XLRI – and who was felicitated by Mr Dominic Thomas (59 batch).
As the bar counter opened (courtesy the beverage sponsors Pernod Ricard, United Breweries and PepsiCo) and batch mates and friends started to mingle with each other and browse the books that XL authors had sent from across the country for the event – the fun event of the evening a special XL housie was compered by the one and only Abhijit Bhaduri. The winners got gift hampers courtesy Metro Cash ‘n’ Carry and a holiday for two courtesy Windflower Resorts & Spa. For XLers with kids a lovely kids room was available for the little ones to play darts, have yummy food and get away from the boring adults
Fr. Abe presented to the alumni on the various initiatives being taken at XLRI, including globalization plans, a new campus in Delhi and the growth of the Jamshedpur campus across the river!
Prof. Sarin updated the alumni on the XLRI Endowment Fund – the purpose and plans for the same.
Prof. Madhukar Shukla was felicitated by the XLBang Chapter for his outstanding contribution to the XLRI alumni committee over the last 14 years.
After this it was time for the festivities, with the band of the evening striking up music to which XLers from across the batches danced and had a merry time. Rohit Munjal (2001 batch) who had composed the super-hit cult song “XL ki Kudiyan” sang it and XL ki kudiyan danced on the stage! Other XL hits like “XL meri Jaan” were also sung.
With midnight approaching XLers then headed to the amazing Indian and Oriental food spread the chefs at ITC had put together.
Special thanks to the sponsors of the evening, P4P Consulting, Divyasree Developers, Sobha Developers, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, Wipro, Nokia, Pylon Management Consulting, Titan – Fastrack, Performance Consulting International, Aon Hewitt, The HR Practice, 5E Serpraise. The gifts and merchandise was sponsored by Metro, Madura Garments, Windflower Spa and Resorts and Jacques Lemans thru’ Retail Interface.
If you’re interested contact Tejaswita (email email@example.com) of Niche Search Services, Contact number: +91-98453-93423
US-based Semiconductor Company with significant India presence is looking for Manager, Accounting to oversee critical India finance operations. The company is seeking a high-energy, hands-on individual desiring a challenging position with diverse responsibilities. This position offers significant opportunities to willing individuals to streamline processes.
The Manager, Accounting position reports to the Controller, Finance located in Bangalore. The position oversees a staff of 1 in Bangalore. Core duties include the following:
• Represent the company on key financial/tax/compliance matters with governmental agencies
• Oversee accounting activities in accordance with the company policies and procedures and responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting and statements of India legal entities.
• Oversee external statutory, tax, customs, STPI and other statutory reporting
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements (to the extent applicable to India)
• Maintain relationships with outsourced accountants, shared service centre, solicitors, banks and key vendors
• Liaise directly with U.S. accounting, tax, legal, shareholder services and payroll departments, as required
• Liaise with Singapore shared service centre for vendor payments and accounting activities and reporting
• Develop and manage to organization benchmarks
• Ensure ease of doing business
This position requires occasional travel to U.S and Singapore. Current travel percentage is approximately 5% but may increase as business grows.
Skill And Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working energetic individual with the following qualifications:
• Chartered Accountant or CPA
• Minimum 6-10 years of related experience
• Proven track record as a contributory member to the management team with the ability to lead and work alongside an existing finance team.
• Dynamic, strategic, self starter, possessing acute business acumen and strong leadership capabilities.
• Able to set priorities and work to tight deadlines
• Resists passing the buck around, strives to solve the problem
• Solid attention to details
• Ability to think globally
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to team with individuals in diverse business and cultural environments
• Willingness to work hands-on in addition to developing and executing the strategic vision for the department.
• Familiarity with local statutory reporting requirements
• Sound technical knowledge and strong operational and financial background.
• Familiarity with US Sarbanes-Oxley Act is an added benefit.
• Experience in MNC environment/semiconductor industries will be an added advantage.
• Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word).
• Experience with Peoplesoft or other ERP system a plus.
• Develop and manage to organization benchmarks